Working Group - Creative Writing
From April 10 till May 29 we start with online working groups for creative writing. During these writing session we will write without specific story or script in mind with random exercises to come up with numerous ideas.
Join us on an inspiring journey of creative writing:
- We call via online platform ZOOM every Friday in the afternoon at 13:30 in the period from April 10 till May 29;
- We have 8 writing tasks of 5 and 10 minutes;
- We write with hand, on paper with a soft pen (to make your idea flow even faster);
- We don’t reread or share, we do not stop writing till the alarm goes off or our self-esteem drops;
- We find a way through the writers block and stimulate imagination, we support each other and have fun!
How does it work?
- The moderator gives a task, e.g. a first/last line, a random character, setting, words, character traits, dialogue, story plot. The alarm is set and you start writing till the time has passed. The moderator will immediately give you the next task.
- Sometimes what is written, you will not use in any way. However, there can always be a juwel hidden in one of the stories that will appear while writing with hand.
- After each session you can meet each other online in smaller groups and read your stories to one another. We will not read stories/scenes aloud during working groups as during those exercises the most personal stories can come out and we want to create a save space for each of you, so that your creativity is not limited by the fright of reading out loud looming in the horizon if you don't want or feel to.
You will need:
- Good internet connection;
- Install ZOOM, register a free account;
- Take a notebook/piece of paper or anything you would like to write on and a soft pen (preferably fineliner, so that your hand writes easily on the paper);
- Find a comfortable position where you can write for 60 minutes and not be disturbed.